Sheriff’s Dept. Forced To Explain Pizza Delivery to Nancy Guthrie’s Home

A Domino’s delivery driver briefly approached the front door of missing 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie’s home Tuesday morning after mistakenly attempting to deliver a pizza order to the residence.

Advertisement

The moment occurred during a live broadcast by NewsNation. Video showed the driver carrying multiple pizza boxes up the front steps of the Catalina Foothills home as reporters and camera crews were gathered outside covering the ongoing disappearance investigation.

“We can’t believe we have to say this, but media on scene: please do not order food delivery to a crime scene address,” the Pima County Sheriff’s Department wrote in a post on the social platform X on Tuesday. “This interferes with an active investigation. Please also respect private property laws. Thank you.”

A video posted to social media shows the delivery driver stating that he did not know the home belonged to Nancy Guthrie and that the pizza order had been placed by a viewer for an independent journalist reporting from the scene.

During live coverage, NewsNation senior national correspondent Brian Entin said that “people are just kind of shocked” the delivery driver was able to pass law enforcement personnel and approach the front door.

Advertisement

“I don’t know why the deputies apparently didn’t notice that person because they’re trying to keep people from going on the property,” Entin said.

Nancy Guthrie, 84, was last seen on January 31. Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos reported that she was forcibly taken from her home, leaving her family desperate for answers. Several media outlets have received alleged ransom notes demanding bitcoin payments in exchange for her release.

Advertisement

In emotional updates shared on social media, Savannah Guthrie and her two siblings have pleaded with their mother’s purported captor, expressing their willingness to meet the financial demands to ensure Nancy Guthrie’s safe return, The Hill noted.

On Tuesday morning, the FBI’s Phoenix field office released new footage on X captured by Nancy Guthrie’s doorbell camera on the morning of her disappearance.

The video shows a masked individual wearing a backpack approaching the front door before placing their hands over the camera lens. In its post, the FBI said the person appeared to be armed and “appearing to have tampered with the camera.”

“Over the last eight days, the FBI and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department have been working closely with our private sector partners to continue to recover any images or video footage from Nancy Guthrie’s home that may have been lost, corrupted, or inaccessible due to a variety of factors, including the removal of recording devices,” the agency wrote in a post accompanying the new footage. “The video was recovered from residual data located in backend systems.”

On Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt stated that President Trump has been informed about new developments in this “heartbreaking” case. Last week, Trump spoke with Savannah Guthrie and pledged to provide federal resources to help with the investigation.

“The president encourages any American across the country with any knowledge of this suspect, to please call the FBI, who continue to assist state and local authorities who are leading this investigation on the ground,” Leavitt said.

TMZ founder Harvey Levin revealed on Wednesday morning that his outlet received a third alleged ransom letter in relation to Nancy Guthrie as police continue to search for Nancy Guthrie.

“An hour and a half ago, we got, kind of a bizarre letter, an email from somebody who says they know who the kidnapper is and that they have tried reaching Savannah’s sister Annie and Savannah’s brother, to no avail. And they said they want one Bitcoin sent to a Bitcoin address that we have confirmed is active. It’s a real Bitcoin address, and as they put it, time is more than relevant. So we have no idea whether this is real or not. But they are making a demand,” Levin said during an interview on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom.”

Levin added that the note included a name and email address.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *